Why BOOKS & LEMONADE?

I named my blog Books & Lemonade because I think one of the most relaxing things is sitting outside reading a good book and drinking some ice-cold lemonade ;)

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Guess the Title Contest #2

It is now time for Round Two of Guess the Title! For those of you who did not participate in the first contest, here's how it works:

I will post a line/quote from a random book on my bookshelf, I will give you ten book titles to choose from, and you have to guess which book the line/quote came from. Of course, if you know the answer and don't have to guess, that's even better. Post your answer in the comments. The winner will be chosen from a hat (if there is more than one person who answers with the correct title). You will have one week to figure it out. The winner will receive a "Guess the Title" picture award to post on their blog if they wish, and possibly another prize if I can get my hands on something cool. By the way, I know this is hard, so I will give you a hint: the book this line/quote is from was not in the titles to choose from last week. That should kick out a few of your choices...

So, here's the line/quote below:

"--and if you asked," he continued, "I'd tell you. I wouldn't just offer it up though. I'm not a hateful person. But if you asked for my opinion, I'd give it."


And the here's the ten titles you can choose from (all of which are recommended reads!):
-The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han
-Teen Idol by Meg Cabot
-You Know You Love Me by Cecily von Ziegesar
-Audrey, Wait! by Robin Benway
-Leap Day by Wendy Mass
-Megan Meade's Guide to the McGowan Boys by Kate Brian
-Just Listen by Sarah Dessen
-Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy by Ally Carter
-Avalon High by Meg Cabot
-The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants by Ann Brashares

There you have it, guess away in the comments below! Good luck, the contest ends next Saturday and I will post the winner that Sunday! Remember, if you like this blog, invite your friends and don't forget to follow! Until my next blog post (which will probably be Tuesday or Wednesday), happy reading!

3 comments:

  1. I totally remember this book! I am going to guess Just Listen by Sarah Dessen, which I loved! I was tempted to say The Summer I Turned Pretty but remembered Owen's character is a little more fitting in this dialogue than Conrad. Great books that were the options! Love them all! And this is a great idea. I shall spread the word! :)

    jackie_love35@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because Owen will tell you the truth even if it's ugly. That IS so Just Listen! Lol. And to think that Just Listen is the only book I've read among those titles... hm... :3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just Listen by Sarah Dessen aka my 2nd favortie sarah dessen novel ever!

    ReplyDelete